We are switching webring hosts. This may cause some glitches. Please be patient.
I'm glad you're interested in joining the webring. Before you submit your site to the webring, take a moment to read the following information and make sure you can agree with the requirements for joining. If after reading this you have questions about if your site is acceptable for the ring, then contact the ringmistress to discuss the situation.
- You don't have to be a woman to join the ring. Although the majority of the webring participants are female, sites created by men are also welcome in the ring as long as they uphold the principles of gender equality.
- Your site doesn't need to be devoted entirely to abortion, but you should have at least some information (and the more, the better) relevant to abortion. This means that your personal homepage is acceptable, as long as it's obvious from reading the page that you are pro-life. If I can't easily find some reference to being pro-life on your site, I won't include you. Why would you want to join a pro-life webring if you don't want to talk about your abortion views on your site?
- No content contradicting the pro-life view. This means no abortion advocacy or bashing the beliefs of pro-lifers.
- The webring HTML must be prominently displayed. Ideally, it should be on the same page as your pro-life info, or the entrance to your site. Don't hide it on an obscure page that is not connected to the rest of your website, or force people to wade through pages and pages of all the webrings you're in to find it. Such pages tend only to absorb traffic from the webring without giving much traffic to the webring in return. That's not fair to ring surfers looking for the HTML fragment, nor is it fair to the sites in the ring that are supposed to receive traffic from people clicking on your ring HTML.
- No advocacy of violence or harassment! The mainstream pro-life movement does not believe in violence. Violence and abuse only strengthen the resolve of some pro-choicers to defend abortion. It is only through compassion and loving offers of assistance that women will truly be helped. No pages that contain threatening material will be accepted.
- No insults or blatant expressions of hatred. Obviously, you should not have content on your page bashing women if you want to be part of this pro-woman webring. However, I also expect you to be sensitive to the political views (yes, there are liberal/progressive pro-lifers), sexual orientation (yes, there are gay pro-lifers), and religious philosophies (yes, there are atheist pro-lifers) of others. You certainly don't have to agree with or endorse all the views expressed on the other sites in the webring; I just ask that you keep any criticisms respectful and polite. Abortion isn't just a religious or political issue; it's a human rights violation. Just people of all backgrounds and views must work together to put an end to the demand for and the practice of abortion.